- AAUW Branches begin to Contact Middle School Teachers who will nominate girls for
their local AAUW Branches
- The only avenue for nomination is through participating schools with local AAUW
- Branches accept teacher nominations of students
- Directors select core class and presenter teachers
- Applications available to previous Camp Curie attendees for Student Counselor positions.
Must a high school sophomore or older. (Minimum of 3 years past camp attendance).
- Accept Student Volunteer Counselors – deadline is February 26
- Local AAUW branches send out Student Applications to nominees – check your branch
- Confirm list of dorm monitors and begin background checks
- Branches complete Interviews of Tech Trek nominees
- AAUW Branches send names of selected campers/alternates to camp staff by April 1st
- Local Branches will hold a camp orientation at various times during April and May
- For selected campers, a $50 participation fee is due to your sponsoring AAUW Branch
- Register on-line with National AAUW
- Early in May, E-mail confirmations and an initial camp information sheet will be sent to
parents and campers by camp staff
- Late in May, camp packet forms (permission, health, biography, transportation, campus
waivers etc) will be sent to campers and parents by e-mail. Print, fill out and return to
designated camp staff by due dates listed on the forms.
- Camp forms due to camp staff early June – exact dates indicated on forms.
- Maps, directions, camp schedule and final paperwork will be e-mailed to parents and
campers late in June.
- July 7th —Camp set up and Student Volunteer Orientation Day
- July 8th – Staff orientation in the morning
- July 8th – Campers arrive midafternoon, parents may stay for an opening session
- July 14th – 9:00 AM parents pick up campers