- AAUW Branches begin to Contact Middle School Teachers who will nominate girls for
their local AAUW Branches
- The only avenue for nomination is through participating schools with local AAUW
- Branches accept teacher nominations of students
- Directors select core class and presenter teachers
- Applications available to previous Camp Curie attendees for Student Counselor positions.
Must a high school sophomore or older. (Minimum of 3 years past camp attendance).
- Accept Student Volunteer Counselors – deadline is February 26
- Local AAUW branches send out Student Applications to nominees – check your branch
- Confirm list of dorm monitors and begin background checks
- Branches complete Interviews of Tech Trek nominees
- AAUW Branches send names of selected campers/alternates to camp staff by April 1st
- Local Branches will hold a camp orientation at various times during April and May
- For selected campers, a $50 participation fee is due to your sponsoring AAUW Branch
- Register on-line with National AAUW
- Selected campers and parents will receive an introductory email from Camp Curie, to verify email addresses on April 22nd
- A reminder email will be sent on April 28th if selected campers and parents have not responded to the previous April 22nd email
- Early May, camp packet forms (permission, health, biography, transportation, campus waivers etc) will be sent to campers and parents by e-mail. Print, fill out and return to designated camp staff by due dates listed on the forms.
- Camp forms due to camp staff lateMay/early June – exact dates indicated on forms.
- Maps, directions, camp schedule and final paperwork will be e-mailed to parents and
campers in mid June.
- July 6th —Camp set up and Student Volunteer Orientation Day
- July 7th – Staff orientation in the morning
- July 7th – Campers arrive midafternoon, parents may stay for an opening session
- July 13th – 9:00 AM parents pick up campers